Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Friggin' Starving




I didn't get to bed until like 11:26 last night and then it was another hour and 42 minutes before She Say was finished with me and I could drift off to the Land of La and La. So, I woke up pretty tired this morning.




I weebled downstairs to make coffee and collect the morning paper. I then wobbled back upstairs to deliver the paper and coffee to She Say...who was still sleeping... so I put the coffee and paper on her nightstand and got dressed. Just as I was tying my tie, she wakes up and pulls me into bed. She knew I was running late, so she was quick, but not quick enough for me to have enough time to pack a suitable lunch.




After getting dressed again, I barely had enough time to fill my travel mug of coffee and shove 4 packs of ramen into my bag as I raced to catch the 9:03 express train to the city.




Man...I hate ramen...I had a friend that grew up in Japan and the only food he had in his house was friggin' ramen noodles. This same friend also had very liberal parents that would let us bring booze and broads over to his house at any hour of the day or night...it was like heaven, but then sooner or later you'd finish all the beer, or get bored with the broads and need to fill your gullet, but there was never anything, but ramen noodles...and who wants soup when you've got a bellyful of beer? Not me. Yo NO!




We used to eat the ramen just raw and I now know lots of people do this, but at the time we all thought it was very cutting edge.




I told my rancher I'd take the hog as is, but he hasn't got back to me yet. I'm, really low on meat, so I hope to pick up the hog and lambs tomorrow. Maybe he'll throw in some free chickens to make up for the illiterate butchers.

I'm going to head home and eat tons of food. I took some veal chops out of a freezer last night. Something obscenely delicious will be done with them. Chard will be involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment